Monday, June 25, 2012

1 Year Wedding Anniversary

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, June 24 2012, marked our 1st year of marriage. We both are so blessed to have our lives together as husband and wife and we could not have asked for more. God is so good to us!
Being married to this man makes my life even more complete and filled with full of loves and laughter. I know what I wrote is probably so cheesy but what is love without any cheesiness? 

We celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Chicago! Lucky enough, where we live is only 3.5 hours away by car from Chicago. The city lights, the scrapping tall buildings, the shopping experience, the FOOD make this city one of my favorite to go to! Andre allowed to go shopping... "Window Shopping" it is... but I did a little shopping at H&M and LUSH *my first time purchase in Lush* Hold your horses, I only bought a face mask called Catastrophe Cosmetic, which targeted towards dry, sensitive skin, and prone to redness. And a friend of mind had suggested and loved this bar soap called Honey I Washed the Kids. I love both of these products. The rest I got as samples. *wink*



However, the best part about Chicago is always the food. As soon as we got to the city, we drove to China Town to Joy Yee's Shabu Restaurant. It was my first time and Andre's second time there. Food was so good! It was a different shabu shabu experience for sure. They brought of so many different kinds of seasonings for the sauce and surprisingly, the price was still reasonable.


The yummy shabu shabu that we ate for lunch

Andre's lychee bubble tea and my avocade bubble tea
After we stuffed ourselves with good food, we then continued our journey to the hotel. We stayed in Swissotel, which is located very close to downtown Chicago and the Navy Pier. It was just the perfect location and we got the perfect room! It gives the nicest view of the river and Navy Pier and what tops it off, is the night view!! Apparently during the summer, Chicago treats its people with fireworks every Wednesday night and Saturday night. Well, we happened to be there on a Saturday and with where we were staying, WE GOT THE ROOM to see the fireworks! ^____^v

View #1 the lake and the Navy Pier

Night view of Chicago. Took this while I walked back to the hotel
Boat rides filled with people to see the fireworks
Fireworks in front of the Navy Pier
Good morning Chicago at 5:02 am
With this kind of views, we slept with opened curtains and pretty much admiring how beautiful it was. It was quite something...
I woke up at 5 am to go to the bathroom and my eyes were mesmerized by the view of the Navy Pier. It was slightly cloudy but the sun was peeking through the clouds and it was just so beautiful to look at. I had to take a picture first before I went to the bathroom (hahaha TMI)

I had to take a picture of our wedding anniversary morning in bed :)


And around this time last year when we both said "I do" to each other. The photo was photographed by my sister, Renita Stuart.

We had to end our trip by going to this buffet that Andre's friend had told us. It's called the Royal Buffet and it is located in Schaumburg, IL. OMG!!! So much food... and they are all very good. I could not take a lot of pictures here because I was too excited over the food! But I got one shot. The photo below is deceiving because that's not it... it only shows 1/5 of the whole thing. If you happened to be in Chicago or planning a trip there, go and try this place! 


I hope you all had a lovely weekend as we did and I wanted to thank my husband for his awesomeness and his awkwardness... I love you so much and thank you for a wonderful weekend getaway :) 


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love Chicago! Looks like you guys had a great anniversary weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, thank you so much for stopping by :) We had a lot of fun and I love Chicago as well :) xo

      Delete